Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 35 - Occupy Yourself

They are the unfortunate ninety-nine
And all of their problems stem from over that line
But I don't really see
That they speak for me
I guess they're the eighty nine point nine nine


Editorial note: I don't actually have anything against the occupy movement. They're putting a voice to real inequality in our society and I hope they do achieve something, even if it is just to keep people talking about the issue of the way our economy runs right now. There are probably more effective ways to get the 1% 's attention, but this is a start. That all being said I still think the whole "We are the 99%" thing is pretty presumptuous or funny or both. I understand why they've latched on to that number, but I want to see the 98th percentile out there protesting.

1 comment:

  1. "We are the 99" they claim to be,
    but they don't speak for Erik or for me.
    They're against 1 percent,
    but its the 98 percent,
    where Erik and I fall, we believe.

    ReplyDelete